Hurricane Insurance claims

Hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, hail and high winds can cause considerable damage to residential and commercial property. And sometimes, even though property owners did their due diligence by having insurance and paying premiums on time, claims after a storm can be delayed, undervalued or even denied.

Our experienced insurance claims attorneys have successfully represented many home and business owners in cases nationwide.  We are fully prepared to handle all types of insurance claims, such as:

  • Business Interruption claims

  • Damage to Hotels, Businesses, and Homes

  • Damage from Hurricane: Wind, Hail, Flood

  • Roof damage and replacement, including missing or damaged shingles

  • Window leakage, wood frame rotting or other damage

  • Siding damage, including missing, damaged or improperly installed planks

  • Foundation damage

  • Water or fire damage

If you have any kind of loss related to any of the above areas during Hurricane, call us today.

At Farrell & Patel, we provide representation to clients facing a wide range of insurance claim issues. We understand the problems and frustrations that a denied or undervalued insurance claim can cause, and we can advocate on your behalf with the insurance company in order to get the funds to which you are entitled.

What can you, as a homeowner or business owner, do?

The Texas Department of Insurance (TDOI) offers these helpful suggestions:

  • “Call your insurance agent or company as soon as possible to report property damage. For help with company contact information, use Company Lookup or call our Consumer Help Line at 1-800-252-3439. Keep a record of everyone you talked to with your company. Be prepared to answer questions about the damage. If you need financial help, ask your agent about an advance payment.
    Note: Read TDI’s statement about deductibles after a storm.
  • File a claim. Follow the call immediately with a written claim to protect your rights under Texas’ prompt-pay law.
  • Ask your agent about living expenses. Most insurance policies will cover some of the costs you have if you are unable to live in your home because of damage that is covered by your insurance. Check with your insurance company about coverage for living expenses, and keep your receipts for these costs.
  • Make a list of your damaged property. Take pictures and videos of the damage if possible. Don’t throw away damaged items until your insurance adjuster has seen them.
  • Remove standing water and dry the area as soon as possible. Move water-soaked items to a dry, well-ventilated area. If you must move items outdoors, put them in a secure area to protect them from theft.
  • Make repairs needed to protect your home and property from more damage. Cover broken windows and holes to keep rain out. Don’t make permanent repairs until instructed by your insurance company. Keep a record of how much you spend on repairs and save all receipts.
  • Contact the Red Cross or FEMA for help. If you need shelter or emergency food or water, contact the Red Cross at 1-800-733-2767. If you’re not insured and need financial help, call FEMA at 1-800-621-3362 to see what help is available.
  • If you have any questions please feel free to contact us at Farrell & Patel, Attorneys at Law.

Hurricane Insurance Dispute LawyersHurricane Insurance Claims LawyerHurricane Property Damage Lawyer